Common Issues In Neurodiverse Couples Coaching Include:
- Having realistic expectations of each other.
- Discussing the issues of a formal or self-diagnosis of autism/Aspergers.
- Recognition and understanding of how autism/Aspergers effects the individual and the relationship.
- Helping couples get to know how each thinks and perceives the world.
- Improving and maintaining communication using specific and effective strategies.
- How to spend quality time with each other.
- Strategies for effective co-parenting.
- Managing day to day routines and activities.
- Communicating with each other about their intimacy and sexuality needs.
- Strategies to help with emotion regulation, anxiety, anger and ADHD.
- Developing and maintaining effective self care habits.
Jill’s 8 Week Program
A complete 8 week coaching program with Jill.
Includes 4 x 1hr fortnightly sessions over 8 weeks for $1,000 in total
Each $250 1hr session is paid for one at a time, not up front.
Although the 8 week program is recommended, one-off sessions can also be arranged.
The 4 Sessions Include:
- Understanding the neurology of neurodiverse relationships, how that can’t be changed but improved significantly with understanding of what each other needs and how each other works.
- How to do it using autism specific strategies that are simple, visual, easy to practise every day, even with busy lives and then lead onto the next skill. After learning a skill, you’ll keep it going, then add another skill, then keep it going etc.
- Understanding attachment styles and trauma from childhood through to your current primary relationship. Why communication fails and prevents couples from making amends that then leads to continued relationship distress and more family trauma.
- Learning specific and effective skills to communicate, monitoring anxiety levels, self-soothing and couple soothing, keeping communication simple but effective, learning how to talk about subjects that have been difficult to discuss in the past.
- Learning to repair past and presents conflicts effectively giving couples a better understanding of each other’s needs and how to get them met.
” My partner and I have loved working with Jill for the past few weeks. The tips and advice she’s given us are easy to remember and extremely practical, and her deep understanding of the differences in our communication styles have made these sessions much more valuable than couples counselling we had previously. Jill is incredibly empathetic and non-judgemental, and we’ve loved her results-orientated approach. She is is up-to-date with the latest insights and does her research to ensure all our questions are answered.”
– S. and B. from Victoria 9/3/22
” Jill’s knowledge of neurodiverse couples has been a breakthrough for us. She is incredibly knowledgeable, empathetic and understanding, and in turn allowed us to understand the patterns and pitfalls of our communication.”
” A wonderful neurodiverse couple coach who listens with no judgement. My partner and I always look forward to our sessions with Jill. Her life experience and evidenced-based approach makes it easy for me to understand my autistic partner’s behaviours and communication style.”